Now that school is back in session, it's time to get HR & Payroll back in session too
Use our handy Back to HR cheat sheet below to ensure that you focus on the right projects and deadlines for your company to avoid potential fines, employee issues and complaints.
Back to HR cheat sheet
- Federal/State/Local Labor Law Poster is up to date and posted in the breakroom
- Non-harassment policy distributed to employees (required in MA)
- Schedule Non-Harassment training for employees and managers (suggested)
- Use the new, revised I-9 form (effective September 18th) in your hiring process
- Review & update job descriptions to eliminate discriminatory language, sexism & ageism
- Review & update your employee handbook (minimum once per year)
- Investigate and schedule management development training (i.e. conflict resolution, investigating a sexual harassment complaint, taking an adverse actions, time management, etc.)
- Review your internal processes (HR, Payroll, New Hire Onboarding, Benefits Enrollment, Performance Reviews) to find ways to automate and increase efficiency
MassPay’s HR Services provides businesses with guidance on HR and Payroll issues, helps them set strategy for growth, provides owners and managers with training & coaching on new legislation and management topics, creates/updates the employee handbook, reviews job descriptions, and keeps businesses in compliance with wage & hour, ACA, time off and other legislation, reducing their risk of fines, penalties & lawsuits and helping them to become better employers.